Social Media Design
It is well known in business that word of mouth is one of the best forms of marketing. With social media word of mouth holds more weight than ever before. But how do we design a web marketing strategy to harness this marketing potential? What is the key to viral marketing? Jetstone has the answer.
It all starts with attaining reliable business advocates. Through connecting with local online groups and posting your related articles of value (articles created on your website) on their walls on a continual basis will drive your target market to your business.
- Customers appreciate businesses that give back. Your helpful nature will be noted.
- Your business will continuously be notably active and present in the spotlight. The more visible you are the better it is for business. Be cautious with this method as spamming your market will put you in the dog house. Instead be generously consistent as an active member in your community. Provide an article a day maximum. Find multiple online groups that fit your product niche and post these articles that directly link to your site. If they are valuable enough and you have targeted your market properly you will get hits to your site, turn over profits and if you’re lucky your article will turn viral within the social community.
- Sell your product or service – If you push your potential customer directly to your website make sure your articles do not sell to the customer. Instead provide incentives to buy in. In short…subtly dangle the carrot in-front of their face. Leave them wanting more and provide the solution – (buying into your product or service). Do not SELL to your potential customer. No one wants to feel pressured into a product. Instead note why your product or service will further help their business essentially filling a demand. If your topic of choice directly co-insides with a need – be ready to fill that need. Example: If my topic is “Multi-vitamins and their extraordinary health benefits” – be ready to sell vitamins or other health products. See how this works?
- Provide valuable content & tips of the trade on a continual basis.
- Make sure to hit on trending content – people don’t like to read about things they already know and understand.
- Make sure that the article resides within your website. The goal is to get people to your site. And of course turn a profit. Do not include a sales pitch within your article. One method of marketing mind you is creating a secondary website that is a continuous advocate for your primary business. This works as a buffer zone that resembles an unbiased professional opinion over your market. Example: If you run a hosting company – MyHost.com. Through setting up a site called BestHosts.com and reviewing, side by side, all major hosting companies with a 5 star rating would work to your benefit. You can now place your business MyHost.com as a host that beats out its competitors through showcasing the edge it may have. Now if you were to send this article off into the social platform, not only will it get the hits but it will be unbiased and more receptive to the community at large. You’d be surprised how many companies practice this form of marketing.
- Make your content share worthy. Some gorilla marketers will post a funny video on their site just to get the hits. Your content becomes a billboard at this point - bringing people in long enough to get a glimpse of your site. You may get a high bounce rate (people who come in for a short amount of time) but at a high traffic volume some may stay if they feel that your site fits their demands. If 100,000 people see your video and you have a 1% turn-around...That's 1000 customers you didn't have before. These days that's a small figure considering the top viral videos have millions of hits.
Posted in Marketing Tip of the Day